Croston is a large village situated between Chorley and Southport in Lancashire on the banks of the River Yarrow. Dating back to the 7th century the village has strong links to farming and agriculture.
A conservation area in the centre, has several listed buildings with Church Street being described as 'probably the finest example of a Lancashire Village street". A 15th Century pack-horse bridge crosses the River on Town Road .
Over the centuries the village has seen many changes as local cotton mills and other small industries have closed to be replaced by housing estates. However it has retained a strong sense of community which will be evident to anyone visiting.
St Michael's and All Angels Church
There has been a church in Croston since about 1075 and although parts of the church date back to 1230 the building we see today mostly dates back to the 15th century.
It is surrounded by beautiful gardens and it's grounds extend to a woodland area and a nature conservation field. The area has good footpaths with seats and a picnic bench sited close to the river.
Guests attending events at Croston Old School are welcome to stroll around the gardens which make a wonderful backdrop for photographs